* Israel became a state in 1312 B.C., 2 millennia before Islam.
* Arab refugees from Israel began calling themselves "Palestinians" in 1967, 2 decades after (modern) Israeli
* After conquering the land in 1272 B.C., Jews ruled it for a thousand years and maintained a continuous
presence for 3,300 years.
* For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem was the Jewish Capital; it was never the capital of any Arab or Muslim
* Even under Jordanian rule, (East) Jerusalem was not made the Capital, and no Arab leader came to visit
* Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Bible, but not once is it mentioned in the Qa'ran.
* King David founded Jerusalem, Mohammed never set foot in it; Jews pray facing Jerusalem; Muslims face Mecca.
If they are between the 2 cities, Muslims pray facing Mecca, with their backs to Jerusalem.
* In 1948, Arab leaders urged their people to leave promising to cleanse the Land of Jewish presence. 68%
of them fled without ever setting eyes on an Israeli soldier.
* Virtually the entire Jewish population of Muslim countries had to flee as the result of violence and pogroms.
* Some 630,000 Arabs left Israel in 1948, while close to a million Jews were forced to leave the Muslim countries.
* In spite of the vast territories at their disposal, Arab refugees were prevented from assimilating into
their host countries.
* Of 100 million refugees following World War II, they are the only group to have never integrated with their
* Most of the Jewish refugees from Europe and Arab lands were settled in Israel, a country no larger than
* There are 22 Arab countries, not counting Palestine; there is only 1 Jewish state.
* Arabs started all 5 wars against Israel, and lost every one of them.
* Fatah and Hamas constitutions still call for the destruction of Israel.
* Israel ceded most of the West Bank and all of Gaza to the Palestinian authority, and even provided it with
* During the Jordanian occupation, Jewish Holy sites were vandalized and were off limits to Jews.
* Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian Holy sites are accessible to all Faiths.
* Out of 175 United Nations Security Council Resolutions up to 1990, 97 were against Israel.
* Out of 690 General Assembly Resolutions, 429 were against Israel.
* The U.N. was silent when the Jordanians destroyed 58 synagogues in the Old City of Jerusalem.
* It remained silent while Jordan systematically desecrated the Ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
* And it remained silent when Jordan enforced apartheid laws preventing Jews from accessing the Temple Mount
and Western Wall.
* These are trying times; we must ask ourselves what we should be doing. And what we will tell our grandchildren
about our actions during the crisis, when we had the chance to make a difference!!!